Welcome to Nourished in the Word Ministries!
The purpose of this ministry is to hold up the truth of God by proclaiming Jesus Christ (I Timothy 3:15-16). This is a ministry that exists to promote a High View of God, The Authority and Sufficiency of Scripture, and a Biblical Understanding of the Church. It is the vision of Nourished in the Word Ministries to be driven by the Glory of God (I Corinthians 10:23-11:1), grounded on the Word of God (2 Timothy 3:15-17), and engaged in the Work of God (Ephesians 2:8-10). It is our passion to be Christ-centered by advancing the gospel of Jesus Christ and strengthening His church. Our commitments are to pray, preach, teach, write, disciple, evangelize, fellowship, and minister the Word of God. This we will do, as God allows, through Bible conferences, seminars, retreats, leadership dialogues, evangelistic meetings, writing, and providing/recommending resources such as books, tapes, study guides, etc. We believe that the church belongs to God (Acts 20:28) and that Jesus gave His life for the church (Ephesians 5:25). Therefore, we pray that local churches will increasingly be reformed by God’s Word and transformed by God’s Spirit. If this ministry can serve you or your church then please contact us.
1. We began in October of 2002.
2. Ray Rhodes Jr. is our president. He and Lori were married in August of 1987 and they have six children, one son-in-law, and two grandchildren. Ray graduated from New Orleans Baptist Seminary in 1988, has been involved in college ministry, and served as a full-time Pastor from June 1989 until October 2002. He is presently serving as the Teaching Pastor for Grace Community Church in Gainesville, Georgia as a part of his ministry with Nourished in the Word. Ray is working on his doctorate in Biblical Spirituality at The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary.
3. Do we have any other staff members? Yes! We have a great volunteer team of family and friends.
4. What do we believe? We believe that the Bible is God’s written revelation to man and that it is infallible, inerrant, and sufficient. We believe that Jesus Christ is God the Son, the Second Person of the Trinity, Who became man while remaining God, lived a sinless life, died on the cross for the sins of His people, was buried, and rose again. We believe that Jesus is the only way of salvation, and that salvation is all of grace through faith in Jesus Christ. We embrace the “sola’s” of the Protestant Reformation: Sola Gratia-Grace alone: Solo Christo-Christ alone-Sola Fide-Faith alone-Soli Deo Gloria-To God alone be glory-and Sola Scriptura-Scripture alone. We believe that those who know Christ Jesus as Lord should actively serve Him through a Bible based, God honoring, Christ exalting local church. We would be happy to provide you with a more extensive statement of faith upon request.
5. Where do we attend church? Presently we are active members of Grace Community Church (A Southern Baptist Church) in Dawsonville, GA.
6. How can I get in touch with Nourished in the Word Ministries? You can call us at 678-697-4495 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can write: Ray Rhodes Jr.; Nourished in the Word Ministries; PO Box 6736, Gainesville, GA 30504.
To schedule Ray to speak at your next Bible conference, retreat, seminar, leadership dialogue, or evangelistic meeting, please call or email requested dates to email@example.com. Lori is also available to speak to ladies groups or to lead in mission stories for children. Hannah Rhodes, daughter of Ray and Lori, is available to speak for ladies groups on the subject of mentoring girls. She is also able to lead children’s events.
Nourished in the Word is committed to financial integrity and is under the watch care of Grace Community Church. If you would like to make a donation, please make checks payable to Nourished in the Word and mail to P.O. Box 6736, Gainesville, GA 30504.